Brazil is currently the largest offshore market in the world, and still is assumed to have vast hydrocarbon resources both offshore and onshore.
Offshore Brazil, and especially the pre-salt region of the Santos basin, has proven to be the world’s most prolific exploration region over the last 5 years. Petrobras has been leading the way with the majors following suit. Reservoir and seismic spend grew to a high of USD 2.2 billion in 2012 and has softened since with increasingly capital constrained operations by the operators. From 2015 the market was forecast to continue on a growth path reaching a new high of USD 2.6 billion in 2017. However, recent financial and political developments in Brazil lend a lot of uncertainty to the investment level the next few years, and analysis is needed to evaluate the market development.
At the same time, spending in the Norwegian Continental Shelf is reduced, and a group of companies in the sector has expressed interest in a joint effort to explore the Brazilian opportunities further.
Workshop on O&G Exploration Technology
Innovation Norway in Trondheim and Rio de Janeiro have the pleasure of inviting you to a workshop on O&G Exploration Technology Workshop.
When: March 10th, 2015 – 08:30 to 11:00
We live under the impression that there are substantial work undertaken both in Brazil and in Norway, in particular new methods and new tools being developed, that enables new interpretations, increased understanding and eventually new finds and increased productivity.
Our task and mission is partly to smoothen transition of knowledge between our two countries for the benefit of both the oil and gas sector and the companies engaged in the business.
Therefore our plan of action is two-fold:
- We invite to this workshop in March with participation from companies in and around Trondheim, and representatives from IN Brazil.
- If outcome and conclusions are positive, we will invite to a seminar in Brazil with participation of customers and partners in Brazil sharing knowledge with companies from Norway.
The workshop agenda
- Welcome and scope of work in the workshop
- Presentation of participating companies
- Presentation of market forecast and “How to do business in Brazil”. Renata Ferreira, Senior Project Manager at IN Rio de Janeiro, and Iris Frøymo, Brazil.
- Discussion around the table on themes that must be highlighted in the workshop in Brazil.
- Summarizing the discussion and concluding on the future of the Brazil seminar.
- Any other business and suggested actions for the Exploration Technology Cluster in Trondheim